All images and characters are copyrighted by Jason Dove or another specified party.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wallmart Halloween Promo #2



This promo was so much fun to work on. It brought back memories of some old Halloween decorations that my Mother always put up around the house. They too had rivets in them.

As for the style of this series, I wanted them to look retro but still keep a modern look to the technique. If you look closely at the characters, you can see the Color Halftone effect on the characters highlights and shadows.
I also chose a very warm Black (almost dark brown) for the line work. For those that care, the CMYK break down for the linework was C=0 M=100 Y=100 K=100. I usually tend to use a blueish/purple black instead (C=100 M=100 Y=0 K=100.) Here at American greetings, we have a total ink limit of 300. As you can see from the line work colors, I went right up to the 300 limit.

I hope everyone enjoys the promo, and please go check them out. I saw all but the skeleton card at my local Walmart store so, please let me know if anyone see's it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

really great! Wish I lived in US so I could get them too!

Snow White Archive said...

Hey, these a cool illustrations. Nice look about them.